River's Edge Fellowship is located in Raytown, Missouri, a suburb of Kansas City. The diversity of our community allows us the opportunity to reach people who are very different racially, economically, and culturally. Our prayer is to connect with people similarly as the Apostle Paul expresses in 1 Corinthians 9:22, "...I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." We realize we can't be all things to all people literally, but our desire is to show the love of God in such a way that anyone in our community that needs Jesus can be reached through the ministry of our church.
Our church's outreach goes beyond Raytown. We are connected throughout our city in a number of ways. We believe that our church is a part of the church of Jesus in Kansas City. We partner with organizations and churches to reach and serve people how ever we can.
Please connect with us to learn more about our connections and efforts to spread the good new of Jesus Christ in Kansas City and Raytown.
We go into our community to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with our neighbors. We also have events and activities to show the love of God and to point people to Jesus. See our calendar for upcoming events and opportunities.
• Jackson County/Kansas City, MO Corrections. We minister to the inmates at the jail facility in downtown Kansas City, MO. You can help by signing up to visit or by purchasing materials and supplies.
• Outreach through Sports. Every Saturday from 9:00am to 11:00am we have Open Basketball for Men. We play at Ascension Lutheran Church at 4900 Blue Ridge Blvd, Kansas City.
• Nursing Home. On the first Monday of every month at 7:00pm we serve the residents of Highland Rehabilitation and Health Care Center at 904 E. 68th St. Kansas City, MO.
• Schools/ WatchDOGS. As a part of the Caring for Kids network, we serve at Norfleet Elementary School 6140 S Norfleet Rd, Raytown, MO. We help with a variety of events and projects; please contact us to find out how to help. We oversee the WatchD.O.G.S. program at Norfleet Elementary. “DOGS” stands for Dads Of Great Students. This program organizes men for volunteering in the school. For more information send us an email.
• City Union Mission Chapel Services. Every 4th Sunday and 5th Wednesday we oversee chapel services at City Union Mission Men's shelter located at 1108 E. 11th Street. Services are from 6:00 -7:00 pm on Sunday and 11:30 am- 12:30pm on Wednesday.
• Missions Week/BackToSchool Block Party. Every year we host Missions Week at River’s Edge Fellowship. During this week, we engage special projects with partners and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. This incredible week includes a block party where we give away hundreds of back packs filled with school supplies. Contact us for more information about Missions Week.
• Restoration House of Greater Kansas City. Through our partnership with the Blue River-Kansas City Association, we support this important ministry that is “Freeing Survivors, Empowering Women” from the traps of sex trafficking in the greater Kansas City area. Click here for more information.